Sunday, January 20, 2008

The pursuit of happiness当幸福来敲门

I was just watching The Pursuit of Happiness for the umpteen times and man this show never fails to make me cry.

Based on the true story of Chris Gardner, who secured an internship with a stock brokerage firm while homeless, the film stars Will Smith as Gardner and Smith's real-life son Jaden Smith as Gardner's son Christopher. Although the film differs from Gardner's real-life experiences in various respects, it recounts many of the unusual events faced by Gardner while pursuing the internship and caring for Christopher.

It's really a good story. Perhaps I'll get the DVD if I ever spot it. If not, too bad la. But this story is really a great one...

I like that part where his son tell him this:

One day, a man was drowning...
There came a boat and they asked "Hey! you need any help over there?"
That man said:"No! God will save me!"
Then, came a second boat and they said:" Hey, need any help?"
That man said:" No! God will save me!"
That man drowned and went to heaven...
He asked God:"Why didn't you save me?"
God replied:"I sent 2 boat you idiot!"

It's true.. people these days.. They do not even try to help themselves, how do they expect people or even God to help them? Think bout that!

If anyone's interested, just click<<THIS>> link and you may watch this show for free...

Man.. wish I had a dad like him....

Signing out and ready 2 zzz... cyah!